Being able to effectively create and design restaurant floor plans and layouts is a vital but challenging task. Everything from the seating plan to the layout of the entire building plays a role in the appeal, functionality and potential for success of your restaurant.

Unless you are exceptionally experienced in how to design restaurant layouts, having an expert on your side can offer invaluable assistance. There are, after all, many different things to take into consideration when it comes to restaurant floor plans.

Keys to Our Restaurant Design

Our designers will help you to develop your restaurant design from the broadest concept, right down to the smallest details.  When getting started with one of our professional designers, you can expect to discuss the below points.  These are vital components to moving things forward in a way that will respect both your vision and finances while keeping reality in mind.

  • Establishing a budget

    It is easy to think that restaurant design is one of the easiest places to save money by cutting a few corners, but it is vital to resist this temptation. Consider your layout to be the foundation of your entire business.  It is the point from which everything else grows.  If you start off with the wrong decisions, everything else will only build on that and make them worse.  Give yourself a solid plan and you’ll create the greatest opportunity for achieving your goals.

  • Making a great first impression

    Indeed, you need room for your kitchen and the seating area in the front of the house, but your first impression starts at the entrance. Moreover, the entrance also represents the last thing your guests will see before they leave.  As you design restaurant space, don’t overlook the importance of a well thought-out entrance with adequate space and an inviting atmosphere that encourages people to come in and return.

  • Respecting kitchen flow and adequate storage

    The Well Designed Snap Kitchen Commissary Philadelphia KitchenThis is another tough point that designers and restaurant owners face. After all, the more tables you can comfortably and effectively fit into your floor plan, the greater your potential for earning during any specific period of time.  However, service doesn’t stop at the front of the house.  A kitchen needs to be big enough to allow your staff to effectively accomplish their goals.  It will promote efficiency, quality, cleanliness and safety.  It will also accommodate the equipment and storage you need for keeping food and other essentials safe, clean and accessible.  This includes everything from the appliances to the sinks and the prep area, from the shelving to the dry storage, refrigeration and freezer space.

Planning the design of your restaurant isn’t just a matter of theory and what works on paper.  It takes experience and hands-on knowledge of the way a restaurant functions in order to get the best possible use out of your space.  No matter how big it might be, space is always in short supply and must be used strategically.

 

Our experts will help to guide you through the 60 percent of the space that will be dedicated to your seating area, as well as the remaining 40 percent that will belong to your kitchen and storage.  We will help you to discover exactly which forms of seating are ideal for the atmosphere you are seeking to create, and how each form will impact the number of people you can accommodate at any given time (for example, fine dining typically requires two times more square footage per person than banquet-style seating).

 

Professional and experience knowledge in how to design restaurant layouts will take all these factors into consideration while still focusing on requirements for traffic aisles, wait stations, cashiers, and other vital components that will be central to the success of your restaurant.